Tangerine Dream - Phaedra CD (album) cover

PHAEDRA

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

zedkatz
4 stars I think this must have been one of the first albums I bought without being influenced by elder brothers' or friends' musical tastes and I remember being absolutely awestruck. Listening to it, it transported me to a completely different place. In particular "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares" depicted an alien shoreline.

Well that was a long time ago and the use of sequencers and synthesisers is all-pervasive now and the album doesn't quite have that effect on me any more. However I still regard it as a groudn-breaking work and I'm pleased to have this in my CD collection.

Thoroughly recommended for all those with an interest in early electronic music.

zedkatz | 4/5 |