Causa Sui - Euporie Tide CD (album) cover

Causa Sui

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars Heavy music from Denmark arrives!

Here in Sweden, we had a (kind of) psychedelic rock band called "Träd, gräs och stenar". I like their heavyness and their ambling swing but I find the music too monotonous and amateurish. This record has the same heavyness and the same wandering rocking but also professionality and amazing details to enjoy.

Causa Sui was formed 2004 and has until now released eight records and this is the last one, yet not reviewed. A simpe but strong artwork gives the first impression. The members of Causa Sui are Jonas Munk(guitars, keyboards and electronics), Jess Kahr(bass) and Jakob Skött(drums and percussion). Unfortunately there's no singing here, I would have loved that.

I would call this an even record. The particular sound could be heard over the whole record and we hear both melodical and more atmospheric pieces. My favourite is the first one: "Homage" which is an explosion of musical power. Causa Sui contains gigantic organ sounds and pure psychedelic rock. "Boozehound" is also a marvolous track where a specific theme returns some times and "Mireille" is the album's second best, where I think you'd hear the clearest melody, still in the heavy groove. "Ju-ju Blues" is also worth mentioning such as the title track "Euporie" which is more monotonous but still a soundscape with perfection.

What I like with this record "Euporie Tide" by Causa Sui is that it feels very real. There's no modern pop rhytms or artificial crap but just amazing rock. I really miss some form of vocals but still very good music. Recommended!

DrömmarenAdrian | 4/5 |