EUPORIE TIDE

2. The Juice (6:05)
3. Echo Springs (5:05)
4. Boozehound (5:20)
5. Mireille (7:12)
6. Fichelscher Sun (2:14)
7. Ju-Ju Blues (6:35)

Search CAUSA SUI Euporie Tide tabs

- Jonas Munk / guitars, keys, electronics
- Jess Kahr / bass
- Jakob Skøtt / drums & percussion

2xLP El Paraiso Records EPR013LP (Denmark) (2013)
CD El Paraiso Records EPR013CD (Denmark) (2013)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

CAUSA SUI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAUSA SUI Euporie Tide Music

Euporie TideEuporie Tide
El Paraiso Records 2013
Euporie Tide by Causa Sui (2013)Euporie Tide by Causa Sui (2013)
El Paraiso Records

More places to buy CAUSA SUI music online Buy CAUSA SUI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAUSA SUI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAUSA SUI Euporie Tide ratings distribution

CAUSA SUI Euporie Tide reviews

4 stars CAUSA SUI are a Psychedelic band out of Denmark, yes the same country that brought us our own Guldbamsen. There's very little information that comes with this cd, not even what instruments the guys play but I like the cover art.

I was taken aback when I first heard the first song "Homage" as I wasn't expecting something so heavy. It starts out fairly subdued but that changes quickly as this heavy duty soundscape takes over reminding me of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS at their heaviest or the Dutch band 35007's "Liquid" recording. "The Juice" opens with electronics coming and going then a full sound kicks in. It does settle back but not for long as contrasts continue. The guitar is grinding it out before 3 minutes then he's ripping it up after 4 minutes as the drums pound away. I love when it settles down before 5 minutes, beautiful. "Echo Springs" has this beat with bass and guitar as background organ and electronics help out. A pleasant and enjoyable song. "Boozehound" is the only song I can't get into at all. I just don't like the rhythm or flavour of it. Sure it's catchy but i'm not a fan.

"Mireille" becomes fairly uptempo with busy drums and intricate guitar. The guitar turns powerful 2 1/2 minutes in. It settles back to that earlier sound after 4 minutes. I get a kick out of how busy the drummer is on this track even during the more laid back passages. "Fichelscher Sun" is a short piece with intricate guitar expressions as another guitar is strummed. "Ju-Ju Blues" is my favourite track on here. The guitar and especially the organ sounds are so uplifting to me. A sudden change after 1 1/2 minutes as it all turns powerful including some killer guitar before 3 minutes that lights it up until around 5 1/2 minutes when the song returns to that earlier sound. Nice. "Sota El Cel" is a short atmospheric piece that builds then settles back late. It almost sounds like mellotron here. "Euporie" is my second favourite tune. Spacey sounds echo before it quickly kicks into gear. Love the tone of the guitar here as it also seems to echo. It does settle back but then kicks back in a minute later. Another calm before 5 minutes as this song continues to shift. It turns pretty heavy before 6 minutes and the guitar starts to solo over top at 7 minutes. Another spacey calm a minute later but then it ends heavily. What a ride. "Eternal Flow" is the chilled out finale. A laid back and drifting track with percussion, guitar and keys standing out as it changes slightly along the way. An almost dead calm 8 minutes in to the end.

The album came in like a lion but went out like a lamb. 4 stars for this psychedelic offering from Denmark.

4 stars Heavy music from Denmark arrives! Here in Sweden, we had a (kind of) psychedelic rock band called "Träd, gräs och stenar". I like their heavyness and their ambling swing but I find the music too monotonous and amateurish. This record has the same heavyness and the same wandering rocking but a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1064125) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, October 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAUSA SUI "Euporie Tide"