Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream CD (album) cover

VARIATIONS ON A DREAM

Pineapple Thief

darkmatter
2 stars 2 or 2.5 stars. I got this album when looking for recommendations to fans of Porcupine Tree. After listening to Variations on a Dream, these recommendations don't seem very accurate to me.

I don't find this album very interesting, hence I don't listen to it very often anymore. Some songs, like "We Subside", "The Bitter Pill", and "Part Zero" are good, but certainly not amazing. I don't particularly like "Vapor Trails", and I found the 16 minute "Remember Us" disappointing for a song of its length.

Overall, Variations on a Dream just sounds rather dull and uninteresting, except for a few songs. Don't expect this album to sound similar to Porcupine Tree, because I don't hear the similarity. Not a terrible album, just mediocre.

darkmatter | 2/5 |