Ars Nova (JAP) - The Goddess of Darkness CD (album) cover

Ars Nova (JAP)

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars Atypical for Japanese group this KB trio even though all female (and babelicious), does not escape all of the clichťs started by ELP, Refugee, Triumvirat and later on Thonk , Steamboat Swtzerland. There is one number that I particularly liked on this one but the rest left me quite lukewarm/tepid, but I am at pain to say which one as my copy of this album seems on permanent loan to a friend . I saw this band in Verviers (east Belgium) and they must have been in a horrendously horrifying night , for they asked for a reverse and opened the night , with the other band (whose name I forgot probably because we left at the end of Ars's concert) closing up. I think they had just lost their bassist , and had a second KB player who tried to fiddle about a bass guitar as Keiko was visibly tired , intimitated , and reading her introduction text in an extremely tired english. Only the very spity, energetic drummer (scantily dressed) saved the night from being a total disaster. A night best forgotten. Apparently , the next time they came, it was much better.
Sean Trane | 3/5 |