Enbor - Enbor CD (album) cover

ENBOR

Enbor

Prog Folk

GruvanDahlman
3 stars I like the folky side of prog. I guess it all started, for me anyways, with Jethro Tull. After that I went all in with the likes of Fairport Convention, Pentangle and onwards and upwards. There are many a good prog band to be found in variuos parts of the world. The basque prog folk of the 70's and early 80's is not an exception.

Enbors first album reminds me of the times it was made. There is a certain warmth and lustre about Enbor which really strikes a chord with me. Every now and then I return to this album and I find myself smiling and feeling a warm embrace, because the music is warm and gentle. Unfortunately it is not very varied, I'd say. There's more of a general feeling than an albums worth of really good material. The songs does not stand out. Not really. They blend together into one.

The conclusion has to be that Enbors first album is a pleasant and warm album with nice instrumentation and gentle voices. Not a masterpiece, though very pleasant listening.

GruvanDahlman | 3/5 |