XNA - When We Changed You CD (album) cover

2 stars Comments based on a purchased download from Amazon. All the ingredients for a great album are here. Well written songs with very interesting touches throughout. The musicians know how to play, great stuff. The problem for me is the mix/production. The entire album has a flat, shallow, shrill sound to it that at times makes me cringe. The vocals take the brunt of it, while the instrumental parts sound fairly good. Sadly, things go bad when the two meet and go into the higher and faster ranges. I can still enjoy the album, but think more about how great this could have been.
OneOpinion | 2/5 |