Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars Almost everything has already been said and written about this album, so I'll keep it brief. This is probably one of the most influential albums in progressive music ever and it is my personal favourite Pink Floyd album together with "Dark Side Of The Moon". It's difficult to argue which one of those two albums is better, if there is one?

After the 1973 release DSOTM everybody was afraid that PINK FLOYD would never be able to top this album. With the 1975 album "WHISH YOU WERE HERE" they have proven us wrong! Luckily they were not trying to make "DSOTM 2", but rather they took a quite different approach with the delicate lengthy epic tracks "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" about their previous band member SYD BARRETT. The initials of the words "Shine", "You" & "Diamond" stand for SYD. And obviously "Whish You Were Here" goes out to SYD as well.

Once again; I cannot possibly chose one favourite between DSOTM and WYWH. Therefore I give them both 5 firm stars. A masterpiece of progressive music!

evenless | 5/5 |