Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars Many Prog lovers favourite Floyd album, and I agree it is music of a very high quality, but for me it is just a touch too laid back, too polished and 'perfect'. Certainly, the sprawling homage to Syd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - is an amazing creation and an all time classic [though not actually a personal favourite], and Wish You Were Here is a perennial crowd pleaser, but I need something with a little more guts and bite to really set me off. The musicanship here is stunning, Gilmour's acoustic phrasing on the title track especially showing an amazing attention to detail. Overall, this album has a similar mellowness akin to the much later Division Bell, and mellow doesn't sustain me quite enough over a whole album. Brilliant stuff but they did better.
Joolz | 4/5 |