Genesis - Archive 1967-1975 CD (album) cover

ARCHIVE 1967-1975

Genesis

grinc
5 stars Fantastic box set. Highly essential material. The live performance of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is worth the price alone!

Furthermore you gain something like a sequel to the Genesis "Live" album - live performances of classics Supper's Ready, Dancing With The Moonlit Knight, I Know What I Like and Firth Of Fifth. And also More Fool Me (I'd prefer Horizons, Fountain Of Salmacis or Cinema Show, but...)

Another portion of the record is B-sides and BBC sessions material, including alternate take of Stagnation, a BBC performance called Let Us Now Make Love (with Tony Banks singing and very funny hippie lyrics) and a fantastic B-side Twilight Alehouse among others.

Finally, on disc 4, there is a collection of early demos and other rarities for completists.

The box set comes with a nice book. Very satisfying package I say!

| 5/5 |