Pink Floyd - A Nice Pair CD (album) cover

A NICE PAIR

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

ZowieZiggy
3 stars I received this double LP on a loan basis from a friend somewhere in 1974. I was not familiar with the Floyd earliest releases but I knew already a few songs from them thanks to the wonderful live sides of "Ummagumma".

My deception at that time was quite high when I litened to this re-release, and I returned this work quite rapidly to my friend.

About thirty years later, I re-enter the whole Floyd catalogue and I must say that although they are not masterpieces, their first two efforts are interesting.

From the poppy "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" (although it holds true psyche jewel anthems like "Astronomy" and "Interstellar") to the most achieved "A Saucerfull Of Secrets" (with the incredible twelve minute title track which will definitely influence Floyd later work like "Echoes").

This double album has effectively a nice pair on the cover sleeve and groups their first two albums as such. No editing, no bonus (in 1974, this was not yet popular).

It is the sole Pink Floyd effort so far to have never been re-released onto the CD format.

I have rated each album three stars. So : same music, same rating : three stars.

ZowieZiggy | 3/5 |