The Doors - Absolutely Live CD (album) cover

The Doors

4 stars Great live album. Maybe not the best there is in the world of prog, but must it be? Only songs I don't like on Absolutely Live are Love Hides and Bulid Me A Woman. Nothing special really. But, we have here the whole Celebration Of The Lizard (a great epic poetic piece of music) and wonderful tracks such as Universal Mind, Soul Kitchen, Break On Trough (with a funny introduction-Dead Cats, Dead Rats) and When The Music's Over. Oh, and there is sung by Ray Close To You. That record is from 1970, few months after The Miami Incident. And I must say, it has a lack of madness. But after what happend in Florida I can understand why. Anyway, this recording ia a great live and epic piece you should listen to.
Deepslumber | 4/5 |