Wobbler - Hinterland CD (album) cover

5 stars Like said before: A very exciting debut from this new group! I sure hope they can make a next album of the same quality (or even better), but that probably would be very wishful thinking.

This disc really reminds me of the old 70's symphonic prog groups. There's heavy mellotron usage and all other kinds of keyboards that remind you of the good ole 70's. This isn't a shameless copy though, it's all relatively new and unheard (it's impossible to make only new stuff these days I'd say)

The vocalist, even though not a brilliant singer, has a nice deep voice and is really great for this kind of music.

Anyway highly recommended 4.5 stars (rounded up cos it's a debut album in 2005!)

Autoband | 5/5 |