Opeth - Ghost Reveries CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars I feel like this needs to be said. Many people gave a bad rating to this (and perhaps other) albums as they said it was "too weird", or occassionally dischordant, or switched from soft to hard (and vice versa) rather suddenly. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but what would one expect from a prog metal band? I would certainly expect no less.

If you have an open mind and appreciate progressive music, you will love this album. If you don't like growling, maybe give it an attempt, because once you get used to it you'll find that it adds a whole new level of intensity and enjoyment. This is exactly what happened with me. Cheers!

Quietus | 5/5 |