Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

4 stars I'm usually now a fan of compilation albums as a "real fan" would always prefer to have all original studio albums rather than just some compilation disc. Usually it also tends to reek after some "cashing in" by the artist as many artist come up with some compilation albums when they are long lost and forgotten. This is one would be an exception to the rule I think, since Mr. Gabriel has still released many fine albums after this one. I guess it's not a bad one to start with if you didn't already own some (or all) of his preceding studio albums.

The track list of "Shaking the Tree" is top notch with indeed 16 golden tracks on it. However: if you don't own this one yet I would rather go for the 2003 release "HIT" as it is a double disc set which has 15 tracks more on it. Once again the track list of "HIT" is also top notch. Since I only owned the album "SO" until "Shaking the Tree" was released this was a very nice addition to my PG collection. 4 stars once again.

evenless | 4/5 |