Peter Gabriel - OVO CD (album) cover

OVO

Peter Gabriel

evenless
3 stars I got "OVO" because I was completely swept away by "UP" and "Growing Up Live". To me "OVO" was somewhat of a disappointment.

Fair to say that if I had not been spoiled by "Up" and the awesome "Growing Up Live" DVD, and just heard it after "US" I would probably have liked it more. But now I had set my expectations too high. And what was left were the nice tracks that I already knew from the "Growing Up Live" DVD. All instrumentation on this album is superb again by the way. I guess I still ought to give this CD a few more spins.

So my advise would be: get "SO", "US", "UP" and "Growing Up Live" first. After that I would go for "Secret World Live" and if you are a completionist of PG's work get "OVO" and "Long Walk Home" (A soundtrack for the movie "The Rabbit Proof Fence" )

Pretty good album, but not for starters!

evenless | 3/5 |