Yes - Yesyears - A Retrospective  CD (album) cover

YESYEARS - A RETROSPECTIVE

OGTL
4 stars This is one of the first items I bought when I was discovering Yes, it fascinated me and urged me to delve deeper into the amazing world of Yes music. Today, it still remains the best documentary, coming out quite better than YesSpeak and certainly bettering "Inside Yes".

It's very well put together and produced, flowing from various commentary from members of the band, bits of video from the particular period, and some great pictures. It runs chronologically, starting from the band's conception to the Union era, when the video was released initially. The commentary is great and informative, with a drugged-looking Squire recalling old days and Anderson wisely describing various events. It's a gold mine of information, useful for reference when reviewing the studio albums ;). It's how all rockumentaries should be!

Essential for the dedicated Yes fan, a valuable DVD offering some great information and a very enjoyable viewing experience.

OGTL | 4/5 |