Camel - I Can See Your House From Here CD (album) cover

1 stars A classic example of "what were they thinking???"

This album was not as big of shock to me since the previous one was pretty lame. I wasn't expecting great things, and with one exception I didn't get them. Most of this strikes me as sub par attempts at accessible pop material. There are some okay moments on a couple songs (Who We Are, Wait), but mostly this is just a big disappointment. And Remote Romance? I can appreciate that they were trying to be modern and perhaps even funny, but God this song is terrible. It gets my vote for worst Camel song EVER.

The one exception to all this disappointment is the outstanding guitar solo instrumental, Ice. A fantastic showcase for Latimers sublime lead playing. Unfortunately, this will not save the album from mediocrity, as this track probably wouldn't have stood out as much on their best albums. Still, it is good enough to get a star. The only one, in fact, that I can bring myself to give this album.

| 1/5 |