Supertramp - Free As A Bird  CD (album) cover

FREE AS A BIRD

Supertramp

ZowieZiggy
1 stars Their previous effort, and the first one without Roger was quite a good surprise. So, can they do it again ?

The opener does not indicate that we are going to get anything great here : "It's Alright" almost sounds as a Collins song : poopy and very dull. We'll go on with poor stuff with "Not the Moment". Easy listening music (you know the one you hear in the elevator or so...).

"It Doesn't Matter" has all the elements of the Tramp we all like : nice piano intro, typical rythm. This one reminds me the flavour of "Crime" (a few songs from "Brother" also left me this watermark).

"Where I Stand" and "I'm Beggin You" are awful : pop / disco songs that are honestly ones of their worst songs ever. The title track won't be indelibly stamped in my memory : gospel-like choirs etc. Makes me real sick !

Supertramp has quite a sense of humour. Their closing number is called "An Awful Thing To Waste" ! I bet you ! It is true that this is a too awful thing to waste your money. One star.

ZowieZiggy | 1/5 |