The Doors - Strange Days CD (album) cover

STRANGE DAYS

The Doors

Proto-Prog

Mellotron Storm
3 stars For me this is easily surpassed by their debut as well as "L.A. Woman". I don't know, I just had trouble getting into this one. With songs about strange days and people, or lost and unhappy girls, there seems to be a theme of alienation that runs through this record. I hate the cover as well.

Highlights for me are the cool guitar melodies throughout "Love Me Two Times" and also the great sounding guitar in "My Eyes Have Seen You". The best song though is the final tune "When the Music's Over". It has a psychedelic feel to it and the organ to open is quite catchy. A great sixties tune on a good album. 3 stars.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |