Elora - Crash CD (album) cover

CRASH

Elora

Theriver
3 stars Elora announced on their facebook page, recording new songs, and I must confess I am waiting for a new album with impatience. Their first album "Crash" contains very promising songs. The accomplished musicians provide a melodic and energic opus. The two voices, male and female, alternate or unite very well . It is far from the very theatrical vocal tradition of many French symphonic rock group that irritates some, and Elora will appeal to amateurs of chorus closer to neo-prog.

The album, however, is a little too polished to my taste and lack of madness. We would like the musicians to let themself go a bit more. Many tracks are closer to pop or melodic rock than progessive rock.

If you want to discover the group, I recommend, the opener «Se taire», the tracks "L'espoir" part 1 and 2, plus "Crash." with its great ending.

Theriver | 3/5 |