Mahavishnu Project - Return To The Emerald Beyond CD (album) cover

Mahavishnu Project

5 stars As a big McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra, when I heard that there were a tribute band of this extra ordinary fusion band of the 70's I was very surprised, because these days most tribute bands are dedicated to play only rock band's music. That where the money is!! Also at the same times I thought that this band was just like any tribute band that plays the music exactly the same way it was composed. Sound familiar, how boring!!

However this is not the case of this band. They do take MH's compositions, but express them in their own language, but without losing the beauty, strength, magic, musicianship of the original compositions. This time the band chooses to perfume live in NYC the whole Visions of the Emerald and Beyond, which by the way is my favorite mahavishnu orchestra's album. Whoa and more whoa is what I can say about how incredibly well played these musicians played that night. All the songs from the original album are here, but the main different is that the band created every extended version. It will blow you away. Believe me, it did to me!! If you are a fan of the Mahavishu Orchestra and love this album, you won't be disappointed when you buy it. It's worth every penny and every dollar. It is simply brilliantly well done. Get it!!! Darksideof.

darksideof | 5/5 |