Opeth - Damnation CD (album) cover

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

petrica
4 stars

Different from the others releases from Opeth. But in the way I like it. Very melodic and atmospheric without that roars which I don't really enjoy on the other releases. My favorite songs on this album are Closure, Ending Credits and The rid of Disease but also the others are good songs. The quality is the same for every song. There are no very good or very weak songs but very homogeneous instead. If you are looking for a representative album from Opeth then you should not choose this one. I consider this as an experiment more. This kind of music can also be found on their other releases but in not the same percentage. I would say that the influence of Steve Wilson is some how evident.

This album could be seen also as a good example and opportunity to get additional audience to the progressive scene. It could be really enjoyable also for a person who doesn't have background in the genre.

As a conclusion a good album well played which deserve without hesitation your attention.

petrica | 4/5 |