The Ocean - Precambrian CD (album) cover

PRECAMBRIAN

The Ocean

Experimental/Post Metal

AgostinoScafidi
5 stars What a sick album! Yes, this whole record is a ride and it's got some amazing things to offer. It's a long record, just so you know. That doesn't mean it's bad or even better than one that would be shorter. I'm just stating a fact. If you could see yourself liking a raw style that's still coupled with technically proficiency (it has its own rather unique approach), then you'll see this album as a real treat.

From what I've been told, it's a concept album. I haven't read the lyrics, I'll let them just seep into me over time. If it being a concept record appeals to you then more reason to listen to Precambrian.

I am also impressed with the way The Ocean works as more of a collective than a traditional band with a set line-up. There are just so many musicians involved with this work it's really special.

Bottom line, this is a great progressive metal record that doesn't use all the tell-tale progressive metal elements.

AgostinoScafidi | 5/5 |