Marillion - Somewhere Else CD (album) cover

SOMEWHERE ELSE

Marillion

Tasartir
3 stars More "song-oriented" material here.

This is still really good Marillion, I enjoy this album quite a lot but, with a breakthrough like Marbles, I was expecting a lot more from them.

As I already stated, this is a more song-oriented album rather than the more atmospheric oriented Marbles so, people who enjoyed Afraid of Sunlight and Anoraknophobia, rejoice! The album still maintains the same feeling throughout the disc but I have come to the conclusion that, even though Marbles needed to be listened to in its entirety to achieve its full effect, this is more of a individual-song album and the listener can (and should) skip around from song to song since no atmospheric or emotional effect is lost if he/she does so.

This is, nevertheless, a very good effort. I'll be listening to this disc for a while! I'll be seeing Marillion on the 20th of this month so I'll inform on the quality of their new material done LIVE soon!

Tasartir | 3/5 |