Roger Waters - Amused To Death CD (album) cover

Roger Waters

3 stars "Doctor, there is something wrong with me?"

ROGER WATERS' second solo effort again, like PINK FLOYD's "Animals", uses animals as a metaphor for people. This time, it is, ironically, a monkey watching television. The album has some of my favorite lyrics of alltime, however, like PINK FLOYD's "The Final Cut", is musically weak. Again ROGER WATERS revolves around the same themes, albeit slightly musically stronger. My favorite songs on the album are probably the 'What God Wants' trilogy, as they are probably the heaviest. If you like PINK FLOYD'S "The Final Cut", or "The Wall", or ROGER WATER'S other solo material, I recommend this album to you. Otherwise, I think you'll find it boring. It could have done well as one song, but putting the idea of AMUSED TO DEATH into an album leaves too much room for music, and there's not enough of it.

jikai55 | 3/5 |