The Moody Blues - Lovely To See You Live CD (album) cover

The Moody Blues

4 stars This album is a treat for old Moodies fans like myself. It contains nothing new but has a fresh sound, probably resulting from the latest group of excellent supporting musicians, and the simpler arrangements without orchestra. But the new lease on life may also come from the fact Justin and John were in the midst of remastering the classic seven albums for SACD release. And we get to hear nice renditions of some of those old songs in this concert. Still, some of us miss hearing Ray Thomas. Check out the DVD with accompanying band interview as well.
DocB | 4/5 |