LOVELY TO SEE YOU LIVE

The Moody Blues Lovely To See You Live album cover

Buy THE MOODY BLUES Music
Live, released in 2005

DISC ONE
1. Lovely To See You (4:13)
2. Tuesday Afternoon (4:23)
3. Lean On Me (Tonight) (4:44)
4. The Actor (5:46)
5. Steppin' In A Slide Zone (4:51)
6. The Voice (4:17)
7. Talking Out Of Turn (5:43)
8. I Know You're Out There Somewhere (5:23)
9. The Story In Your Eyes (3:54)

DISC TWO
1. Forever Autumn (4:37)
2. Your Wildest Dreams (4:55)
3. Isn't Life Strange (7:48)
4. The Other Side Of Life (5:06)
5. December Snow (4:45)
6. Higher And Higher (5:07)
7. Are You Sitting Comfortably? (4:43)
8. I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band) (6:46)
9. Nights In White Satin (6:00)
10. Question (6:09)
11. Ride My See-Saw (5:12)

Search THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live lyrics

- Norda Mullen / flute, guitar, tambourine, vocals
- Gordon Marshall / drums, percussion, flute, keyboard
- Paul Bliss / keyboards, guitar
- Bernie Barlow / keyboards, vocals, tambourine

Image !D2851RQ, 2CD (USA)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

THE MOODY BLUES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live Music

Timeless FlightTimeless Flight
UMe 2013
To Our Children's Children's ChildrenTo Our Children's Children's Children
PRINCE TURST ROCK GALA HK 2 VCD NEW MOODY BLUES US $19.99 Buy It Now 51m 15s
MOODY BLUES HALL OF FAME LIVE HONG KONG VER 2VCD SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 58m 44s
MOODY BLUES profile LP 12 track sleeve has small sticker on front (624004) germ US $12.35 Buy It Now 59m 26s
THE MOODY BLUES To Our Children's Children's Children 1973 Japan OBI LP B1487 US $119.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE MOODY BLUES "NM WAX" Every Good Boy Deserves JP OBI LP B1572 US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE MOODY BLUES "NM Wax" Octave Japan OBI LP B1599 US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE MOODY BLUES "NM WAX" Days Of Future Passed JP Wings OBI LP b1797 US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE MOODY BLUES "NM WAX" Every Good Boy Deserves JP OBI LP B1783 US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h
The Moody Blues  true story  CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Moody Bluegrass: A Nashville Tribute to the Moody Blues [Digipak] by Various... US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
THE MOODY BLUES - LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER - NEW CD US $4.17 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Moody Blues-Question/Candle Of Life USA 7" EX Cond US $8.19 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MOODY BLUES-A QUESTION OF BALANCE WITH INSERT WHITE LABEL VG+/VG LP US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Roy Wood of The Move on Magazine Cover The Moody Blues Steve Winwood Family US $12.83 Buy It Now 2h 9m
This Is The Moody Blues Album US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues Days of Future Passed 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $48.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
MOODY BLUES Days Of Future Passed REEL TO REEL Tape DER X 77012 Deram AMPEX prog US $11.49 [4 bids]
The Moody Blues, A Question Of Balance Lp. 1970.Good Cond. US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues On The Threshold Of A Dream RARE 1969 LP + Booklet Psych LISTEN US $9.09 Buy It Now 3h 8m
THE MOODY BLUES - I'M JUST A SINGER (IN A ROCK & ROLL BAND - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
The Moody Blues,Days Of Future Passed,1968 Deram Press.VG To VG+ Cond. US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues "To Our Children's Children's Children" LP US $4.95 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Moody Bluegrass (A Nashville Tribute to the Moody Blues, 2013) US $20.92 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE MOODY BLUES seventh sojourn THS 7 uk threshold LP PS EX/EX with lyric insert US $15.37 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Live at the Royal Albert Hall by The Moody Blues CD (2010, Sony) US $3.00 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES seventh sojourn LP PS EX/VG threshold THS 7 gatefold sleeve US $13.66 Buy It Now 3h 45m
VG+ TO BTR MOODY BLUES' LP: " EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR "1971 /THRESHOLD US $6.50 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues "Days Of Future Passed" Deram Cassette 1967 FREE SHIPPING USA! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Seventh Sojourn_THE MOODY BLUES_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.26 Buy It Now 3h 59m
THE BEATLES RARE 1965 'CARTOON' CONCERT PROGRAMME W/MOODY BLUES program koobas US $196.58 Buy It Now 4h 16m
MOODY BLUES-TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDREN LP SEALED PROG PSYCH US $10.50 [2 bids]
the Moody Blues Long DIstance Voyage LP Original GATEFOLD US $0.99 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES-THE PRESENT LP SEALED 1983 GATEFOLD PROG PSYCH US $9.95 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed with The London Festival Orchestra 1967 US $2.99 [1 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES Caught Live +5 2 LPS US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
MOODY BLUES-LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER LP AUTOGRAPHED W/COA GATEFOLD PROG PSYCH US $19.50 [5 bids]
MOODY BLUES EVERY GOOD BOY OG ISRAELI LP DIFF BACK COVR US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
MOODY BLUES TO OUR CHILDREN OG ISRAEL LP DIFF BACK COVR US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
LP GRAEME EDGE Kick Off Your Muddy Boots MOODY BLUES G/F ADRIAN GURVITZ NRMT US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
MOODY BLUES - ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM, 1969 Deram DES-18025, LP RECORD US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Very Best Of The Moody Blues US $11.41 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Moody Blues - Sur La Mer CD '88 German import US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 6m
The Moody Blues every good boy deserves favour 8track US $19.00 [0 bids]
LOT OF 15 Classic Rock Music Cassettes - BEATLES - JANIS JOPLIN - MOODY BLUES US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES - TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS CHILDREN (GERMAN GATEFOLD) US $11.10 Buy It Now 5h 23m
The Moody Blues - Sitting At The Wheel 1983 single Decca UK import vinyl US $9.95 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues - Blue World / Going Nowhere 1983 Decca UK import vinyl US $9.95 [0 bids]
Moody Blues: Night at Red Rocks Japan 12'' LD LaserDisc POLP-1009 w/obi+insert US $59.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
2 LP Lot Moody Blues "Seventh Sojourn & Long Distance Voyager" US $13.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
The Moody Blues "Go Now!" 45 rpm 1965 US $5.00 [0 bids]
Elvis Presley Moody Blues Album US $0.99 [0 bids]
Moody Blues - Sur La Mer (1990) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Moody Blues 2 LP Lot Every Good Boy & Threshold Of A Dr US $13.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
The Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" Stereo DES 18012 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Moody Blues - Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 - Sealed 180g Vinyl LP x US $25.12 Buy It Now 6h
The Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves A Favor Lp. 1971 Good Condition. US $1.99 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES THE VOICE 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Moody Blues - Threshold, Graeme Edge - Muddy Boots, Pinder - Promise Blue Jays US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
The Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed 1967 Vinyl LP Deram Stereo DES 18012 NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed US $22.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
The MOODY BLUES Bless the Wings w/ RARE ORCHESTRAL TRK PROMO DJ CD single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
45RPM THE MOODY BLUES CANDLE OF LIFE / QUESTION THRESHOLD RECORDS THS-67004 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
The Moody Blues/The Voice/1981 7" Single/EX- US $4.26 Buy It Now 6h 57m
1969 UK Orig. THE MOODY BLUES LP "ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM" US $6.82 [1 bids]
MOODY BLUES**ICON 2: GREATEST HITS**2 CD SET US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Moody Blues KBFH live 1982 radio show US $50.00 Buy It Now 7h 25m
The Moody Blues On the Threshold of a Dream MFSL Factory Sealed LP 200g Vinyl LP US $139.95 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES Another Morning / Tuesday Afternoon DERAM used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
The Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour LP US $4.90 Buy It Now 7h 32m
GRAEME EDGE BAND(MOODY BLUES) & ADRIAN GURVITZ-YR.1975 KICK OFF YOUR MUDDY BOOTS US $9.00 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES-EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES LP SEALED MFSL AUDIOPHILE #2519 RARE PROG US $83.00 [7 bids]
Vintage 1972 Moody Blues Seventh Sojourn Record Album Vinyl THS 7 w/ Inner US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Vintage Moody Blues In Search Of The Lost Chord Record Album Vinyl 18017 US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
FORMULA 30-TAPE 2---THE WHO-ERIC CLAPTON-JOE COCKER-THE MOODY BLUES-ELTON JOHN US $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
MOODY BLUES Days Of Future Passed 1967 Deram LP DES-18012 EXC w/sleeve US $7.50 Buy It Now 7h 43m
THE MOODY BLUES "Caught Live + 5" 2 LP set / Excellent vinyl LP's US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m
THE MOODY BLUES This Is The Moody Blues 2LP Record Album Dutch Threshold 1974 EX US $17.08 Buy It Now 7h 49m
MOODY BLUES 45PS BLUE WORLD * GOING NOWHERE FRANCE US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
THE MOODY BLUES 'Melancholy Man' 1970 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $6.82 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES-SEVENTH SOJOURN LP 1972 AUTOGRAPHED W/COA GATEFOLD PROG PSYCH RARE US $57.55 [10 bids]
The Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream USA LP DBX SUPER DISCS AUDIOPHILE US $11.10 [2 bids]
Gold - Moody Blues US $16.86 Buy It Now 7h 58m
MOODY BLUES - The Present LP 1983 ISRAELI PRESS prog US $28.00 Buy It Now 8h 4m
THE MOODY BLUES-THE PRESENT 1983 THRESHOLD RECORDS GATEFOLD LP TRLS-1-2902 VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
MOODY BLUES LPs lot of 9 #4532 US $43.00 Buy It Now 8h 19m
THE MOODY BLUES - BYE BYE BIRD 7" ORIGINAL FRENCH US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 27m
MOODY BLUES GREATEST HITS ~ JAPAN RELEASE ~ ONLY PRESS ~ THRESHOLD ~ P25P-20310 US $32.49 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Moody Blues Days of Future Passed 1967 Vinyl LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
MOODY BLUES - LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER 86 EARLY ISSUE CD (THRESHOLD): NR MINT US $5.11 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES - GEMINI DREAM - THRESHOLD 45 - '81 PROMO US $9.95 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Classic Rock! - 12 LPS various - CREAM, Eagles,Moody Blues.. US $10.99 [1 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES, THIS IS THE MOODY BLUES, LP. US $11.97 Buy It Now 9h 6m
MOODY BLUES**SUR LA MER**CD US $4.61 Buy It Now 9h 14m
THE MOODY BLUES-ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM (CLASSIC POP/ROCK) 1969 US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES-LONG DISTANCE VOAGER (CLASSIC POP/ROCK) 1981 US $0.99 [1 bids]
Justin Hayward John Lodge Blue Jays Gatefold w/ insert 1977 moody blues US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
7 x Moody Blues LP's 1960's-early 70's USA PRESSINGS US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Ray Thomas From Mighty Oaks 1975 Promo lp Gatefold 1977 moody blues US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
THE MOODY BLUES-DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED (CLASSIC POP/ROCK) 1967 US $1.99 [2 bids]
The Moody Blues "Seventh Sojourn" 8 Track Tape US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE MOODY BLUES music online Buy THE MOODY BLUES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MOODY BLUES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live ratings distribution

THE MOODY BLUES Lovely To See You Live reviews

Review by Joolz
3 stars Another day, another Moody Blues live album. Ah, but this one has a twist - this time there is no orchestra! Instead, we get the core of founder-members Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge, together with additional drummer, 2 keyboard players and a flautist. And the music benefits.

It will soon be 40 years since Hayward and Lodge joined the Moodies, but on this evidence they sound younger and more invigorated than for many years. The lack of an orchestra seems to give the music room to breathe, and the musicians to stretch out more - the band are tight and full of energy, rocking out with vigour on the up tempo numbers yet equally at home on the gentler material where subtlety is required. Hayward's voice is just as silky smooth and expressive as it always has been, as indeed is his guitar work. Lodge's voice has sadly suffered a little from age as he can no longer reach those highs. Much of the time the female backing singers take care of that side of things, but even when singing normally he sounds to be straining a little. The other notable performance is by Norda Mullen the flautist who does a good job in filling the gap left by departed Ray Thomas.

It is hard to pick highlights, as nearly all the songs are performed well, but my personal favourites are Hayward's The Other Side Of Life, Lodge's Talking Out Of Turn, and most of all, hearing Graeme Edge recite Higher And Higher to a brilliant instrumental workout. Aside from the obvious standards, which all benefit from this new setting, it is nice to hear one or two oldies afresh: The Actor and Are You Sitting Comfortably stand up well after all these years, and Hayward's rendition of his solo hit Forever Autumn is a welcome addition. The only song which, for me, doesn't quite hit the spot is Ride My See-Saw which on this occasion seems like an anti-climax after a magnificent Question.

This album was recorded live at The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles in June 2005 with an appreciative and typically enthusiastic audience. They all sound as if they were enjoying the proceedings - band and audience alike - but, fortunately, the audience noise is balanced well enough not to interfere with the music. Any dialogue between band and audience is largely restricted to the "and the next track is ..." variety. The sound is excellent, being mostly crisp and clear, though there may be issues with the mix in some places: the backing vocals are sometimes too recessed; a couple of songs are devalued a little by over-prominent drums; and the bass is often indistinct. But these are only minor quibbles and do not detract from the listening experience.

I really love this album, and it has quickly become a favourite. It reminds me of their 'Caught Live + 5' (recorded in the 60s) - sure this is a lot more polished and professional in every way, but there is the same feeling of raw energy and excitement which I did not expect from guys that I had written off years ago (shame on me). In an ideal world I would rate it with a maximum score, but this is ProgArchives, and this album's relevance to Prog is questionable. I have therefore chosen to rate it 3: in it's relationship with Prog it is good, but not essential. However, I would wholeheartedly recommend it to all fans of the Moodies!

Send comments to Joolz (BETA) | Report this review (#75486) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Review by tarkus1980
4 stars Over time, as the band moved from mega-popular art-poppers to (largely) over-the-hill old farts, certain things just became frozen solid in the band's live show. "Tuesday Afternoon" would be either the first or second song. Immediately following it would be Ray singing "For my Lady" or (for a brief period) "Eternity Road." The first half of the show would end with "I Know You're Out There Somewhere," immediately followed by "Story in Your Eyes." The second half would open with "Your Wildest Dreams," "Isn't Life Strange?" and "The Other Side of Life," and close with "I'm Just a Singer etc," "Nights," "Legend of a Mind," "Question" and "Ride My See-Saw" as the encore. This is the third live album to come out of this general mold in the 90's and 00's, and it's tough to see at first what the heck the point of it would be.

Well, the point of it is that (a) it's probably the best of the three, and (b) it offers a lot of things that the last two live albums don't (not the least of which is that this has no orchestra). I'm as sad as anybody that Ray had to retire from the band, but with respect to the band's tours and this album (and actually, I caught this tour the same month as when this was recorded), his retirement was a boon, because it spurred the band into bringing out a lot of otherwise neglected material. Besides, the replacement flautist, one Norda Mullen, fills his shoes just fine, and she really sounds just thrilled to be on stage the whole time.

Rather than talking about the tracks that appear on every Moodies live album possible (which are done just fine, mind you, but not with anything revelatory about them), I'll instead talk about the ones that are surprises (all pleasant ones) to see. They open with, naturally, "Lovely to See You," and while it's never been one of my very favorite MB tracks, it shows right away that Justin's still in good vocal form, and it's definitely nice that there's much less of a keyboard presence in this version than in the one on Red Rocks. A few tracks later is big surprise #1: "The Actor." It's a very stirring rendition of a song that I enjoy more and more as I get older (not that I didn't like it when I was younger or anything, though), and Norda's first real melodic showcase.

Next up is a track that I had wanted an official live version of for years, "Steppin' in a Slide Zone." Man, the lyrics to this song may get dumber every time I hear them, and there's just something oh so wrong about the psuedo-tough feel to it, but I've loved this song at all three Moodies concerts I've heard in my life, and I love it here. So much for my rock'n'roll credibility. Anyway, after a decent (but inexplicably short; they cut out the "And how many words have I got to say ..." verse) runthrough of "The Voice," there's an extremely lovely performance of "Talking Out of Turn," trimmed from the overlong original length of 7+ minutes down to a more managable 5:43. It sounds a bazillion times more inspired than the perfunctory runthrough of "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" that immediately follows, I'll tell you what (Sheesh, it's a decent enough song, but it should not be a live standard!).

To kick off the second half, before Lodge and Edge come out, Hayward brings out the second big surprise; a rendition of "Forever Autumn" (!!!!!) with just Paul Bliss and Gordon Marshall (the second drummer) backing him up. The song (if you've forgotten, it was originally done for the War of the Worlds soundtrack Jeff Wayne put together in the late 70's) has been unavailable outside the band's myriad compilations (including Time Traveller) and Justin's Classic Blue album, so it might be worth getting this album just to have a version of this super-duper gorgeous number lying around. And speaking of gorgeous, a few tracks later we have "December Snow," which actually turns out to be close to a late-period MB classic (the mix of Norda's rolling flute lines and the way Justin sings, "Time take this sadness from me, time bring my heart back safely" is a good way to pull a couple of my heart strings).

Now, this may seem like a pretty decent number of surprises already for a MB live album, and it would be, but two bigger ones remain. The first is, I kid you not, a spirited rendition of "Higher and Higher," with the band bringing back that amazing TOCCC vibe with aplomb while Graeme recites the poem and tears down the house by dancing and bouncing around the stage. It's the closest (aside from, maybe, the end of "Singer") you'll get to hearing the band really doing any kind of "jamming," and it provides a reminder that Justin is a pretty decent guitarist after all. And then, to calm things down, the band goes into the softer side of its 1969 repertiore with "Are You Sitting Comfortably?," in which Norda steals the show. Her flute lines are sooooooo mystical and enchanting (Gordon also plays second flute in the background) that she arguably outdoes Ray at his own game (in this case, anyway); all we need is a mellotron and, well, it would be the late 60's all over again.

So that, aside from all of the stuff that any remaining MB fan knows of their shows, is your really nice live album. It can't get higher than a **** because it's kinda not very necessary in the grand scheme of things, but I can't pretend that I didn't enjoy this album to death while intensely listening to it for reviewing purposes, so giving it lower than a **** would seem fraudulent too. But guys, you might want to back off of the "1 studio, 1 live" pattern for a bit; unless you plan on bringing out some Present tracks, anyway (or if they never make another studio album, which as of 2010 looks pretty likely)...

PS: The best "you dork" moment of the album: while introducing "Higher and Higher," Graeme tries to work the crowd into a frenzy by emphasizing that this is a song they wrote about three decades ago, a tactic that strikes me as dumb for two reasons. First, a lot of the songs in the program were written more than three decades before the recording of this album, and second, three decades previous to this, the band was on hiatus and doing solo albums. Do your math, hippie!

PPS: I do admit, though, that the line about how the song was written, "Back when my hair was brown, and my teeth were white," is a funny one.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#289172) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 04, 2010

4 stars This album is a treat for old Moodies fans like myself. It contains nothing new but has a fresh sound, probably resulting from the latest group of excellent supporting musicians, and the simpler arrangements without orchestra. But the new lease on life may also come from the fact Justin and Joh ... (read more)

Report this review (#118394) | Posted by DocB | Saturday, April 14, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE MOODY BLUES "Lovely To See You Live"