Genesis - Abacab CD (album) cover

ABACAB

Genesis

Garion81
2 stars This is it! This is the album that changed it all. The way they wrote, the way they played and the way they perceived their audience. Gone was the stellar themes and melodies replaced by whatever it is on this CD. I always though of Genesis music as beautiful but this CD makes it ugly.

The opening track goes absolutely no where. Mike Rutherford's guitar playing is underwhelming and This is the most unadventurous Tony Banks keyboards I have ever heard. This one of the highlights of the CD!

I have listened to this album twice and never listened to it again. Genesis had changed and while I could go along with some things this was unacceptable to me. In five years they had gone from fantastic to boring. Boring is the best way to describe this album. For later Genesis fans only! Two Stars.

Garion81 | 2/5 |