Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond CD (album) cover

Captain Beyond

3 stars I prefer their 2nd release "Sufficiently Breathless" to this one. However, if you enjoy an intense ride for a good 40 minutes, concluding it with a headache while still begging for more...than this LP is for you! Me? I get my kicks with DP's "In Rock" if I want to do that sort of thing. Bobby Caldwell really dominates the music on this one with his drumming, and doesn't let up at all. It sort of reminds me of that Furio guy from Arti & Mestieri's "Tilt" LP a little. Buy it for the drumming, although, Rhino on guitar is no slouch, either.
Gooner | 3/5 |