Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

5 stars I'm not a huge fan of Marillion but I really enjoy listening many of their albums with FISH on vocals. I consider "Script for a Jester's Tear" to be their very best effort with "Fugazi". All tracks are mesmerized, painful and melancholic thanks to the great semi-operatic, melodic & screaming vocals of FISH and Rothery unique guitar style, deeply emotional & fluid. The perfect album to accompany a long period of solitude (I think mainly to 'Chelsea Monday'...). All the tracks are beautiful, from the satirical & sad love song "Script for a Jester's Tear" to the rebelious and reflexive "Forgotten sons". "Script for a Jester's Tear" figures among the best prog rock albums from the 80s.
philippe | 5/5 |