Big Big Train - Bard CD (album) cover

Big Big Train

2 stars Sorry, but it's boring.

It's even more boring than some other new bands which try to play Classic Rock/AOR with obvious FLOYD influence. Hate to be a basher here, but everything in "Bard" usually goes around few relaxed chords, which fail to keep listeners attention. A psychedelia? Sorry, but there's no experimental stuff/sounds or challenging approach - even DIRE STRAITS were more energetic! I don't need any fiery breaks to enjoy the music but I also don't want to fall asleep in the middle of every track I listened to. I hope it's just a wrong album for me and BBT can do better (will try to check it out). 2 stars only because of few nice guitar solos (Guilmor's copycat) and "How the Earth..." tune.

Prog-jester | 2/5 |