Styx - Kilroy was Here CD (album) cover

3 stars This is actually not a bad album at all. It was just being released at the wrong time - i.e. the time when many prog heads turned into pop and the music industry was dominated by punk and new wave. I used to spin the cassette of this album for a break only after listening to some prog rock albums. "Mr. Roboto" is a nice opening with some industrial music style. "Cold War" is not actually good track but when I saw the band played it live, I started to like this song. "Don't Let It End" is a nice ballad with good melody. Agin, this is an example of track that was initially not attractive but when I enjoyed the live version, it became a good one. Circumstances do matter. Another good track which was featured beautifully during live show is "Heavy Metal Poisoning" - it's a thought provoking title, I believe.

Styx to me has always produced nice hard rock tunes and excellent ballads which sometimes too poppy like "Babe" or "Show Me The Way". This album represents a combination of hard rock and ballads. I also like the cover art. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW