Saga - Behaviour  CD (album) cover

BEHAVIOUR

Saga

Gatot
3 stars This is a logical follow-up of Saga's previous album "Heads of Tail". Through this album Saga has committed the style of compositions they make and the music direction they would like to take. The key to Saga's music is the combined keyboard and guitar work that produces unique sound. Ian Crichton is a talented guitar player who, I believe, never show off his talent through long guitar solo, rather he played it in harmony with the beats and keyboard work. He knows really well how to create guitar sounds that do not produce distorted sounds that impact the vocal line.

One thing peculiar about Saga, for me personally, is the beats each song has which to my ears has created something unique that other bands have ever emulated. It sounds to me that the beats do not fall into predetermined bars that usually govern the music.

Back to this album, it's a good album even though it's not essential.

Gatot | 3/5 |