Tony Banks - The Fugitive CD (album) cover

Tony Banks

1 stars I loved this album back in the day. I really did. I wore out my cassette copy playing "And The Wheels Keep Turning." But I've got to tell you, this is a one and a half star album. It's not progressive, except for the odd chord choice here and there. And it's certainly not pop, or at least good pop. When I pull this out now, I find only about half the songs listenable. In fact, the only reason I'd go beyond the first three tracks would be to get at "At The Edge Of Night" or "Moving Under." My real complaint here is about the sound, though. Of course, Tony isn't a singer and we should probably be grateful that he does a really good job on a few of the songs. Still, I expect a lot more variety of sound out of a keyboardist, and the percussion here is about as bland as any that I've ever heard.

I still like about half of this album. Some of the songs bring back great memories. But I have to admit that for most people, this is a one star album.

ghost_of_morphy | 1/5 |