Yes - Classic Yes CD (album) cover

4 stars If you need to buy a compilation that has these songs on it, shame on you. This entire collection is culled from the four best albums that Yes has ever released and which you should already own and cherish. That said, this is the CD I'd give to somebody who'd never heard of Yes (or who only heard Owner of a Lonely Heart.) All of the songs on here live up to the word "Classic" and the two live tracks are great (especially I've Seen All Good People.) In a perfect world, I suppose that Wondrous Stories and Heart of the Sunrise would be replaced by Close to the Edge and/or Awaken, so we'll give this one four stars.
ghost_of_morphy | 4/5 |