Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick CD (album) cover

SCARSICK

Pain Of Salvation

AlexUC
5 stars Strong and individual...

I think that this album has been misunderstood by most of listeners. Wen you listen to PoS you must have a very open mind, but when you listen Scarsick, you must have a VERY VERY open mind... I can guarantee that if you listen this album like that, you'll find it really INCREDIBLE!!!

So, why?? Easy, this album is maybe more that prog, avantgarde I think... This album questions the way progressive music is composed, and tells us "Why you must separate the music in relative groups??". I don't understand what's the problem with rap sections?? or with country sections?? or with 70's-pop sections?? its all about music, and a great concept and critic...

I will not make a song by song review, because everybody here already know every song of the album, all I can say is that PoS is not for newbies in prog, it's for open-minded listeners and for people that want something very different. I love the DT virtuosity, and the Porcupine Tree inspiration, but Scarsick is a magical ball, every time you listen it you can found more new features. I hope the people that didn't like it take a little time to think about it, this album is great when you listen it impartially!!!

AlexUC | 5/5 |