Illusion - Enchanted Caress CD (album) cover

3 stars Enchanted Caress is a sympathetic album rather easy to listen. One can distinguish folkier, rock and progressive related elements. So, the songs are not really progressive. Some tracks are quite catchy and pleasant to listen: the airs are not meaningless at all. On the other hand, some tracks sound really common & deja vu, lacking a bit originality and uniqueness, like the music of Rita Coolidge, Anita Baker or any romantic-based lite music. Jane Relf's lead vocals are a bit more conventional than usual, although she gives a very good performance. The piano is no longer Baroque, despite it is still omnipresent: I find it more timid, maybe a bit more played in the background. There are some acoustic guitar arrangements. The male lead singer has a rather ordinary voice. I fell from the couch when I first heard "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue": in fact, it is a not terrific bold rock version: I prefer the colorful & progressive electronic version of Larry Fast's Synergy.

Rating: 3.5 stars