The Doors - The Soft Parade CD (album) cover

The Doors

Eetu Pellonpaa
2 stars This album is in my opinion a terrible letdown after the three masterpieces by the band! I can't blame the orchestrations, as I like some well orchestrated stuff, but simply the power and emotions which are present in the early albums of this band have died out here. Though the band had used elements of different popular music style and created innovative tunes with that method, the starter hit songs like "Touch Me" and "Tell All The People" sound weak and directed to elderly couples sitting in the champagne caf. Also the other tracks like "Wild Child" and "Shaman Blues" lack something, which would had made this album a pleasant listeining experience to me. The albums done after this are little better, but not near the first three studio gems of this band. I'll stick to them, and leave the rest for other to enjoy!
Eetu Pellonpaa | 2/5 |