Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars Not much to add to the plethera of reviews for this landmark album. I will say that I've listened to this album many, many times and it STILL gives me chills in spots; Gilmour's guitar explosions during "Money", Torry's moaning during "The Great Gig...", the lyrics in "Time", just endless remarkable music. It can be a bit sterile and unearthly, but that's what makes it unique. Also, and I think this reason is paramount, it one of the very few prog albums that cuts across age groups. The band, per se, is so influential it goes without saying. Are they actually prog in the true sense? Maybe not, but don't forget what category this band is placed under. As such, they are at the top. And for me, this album and the following two are at the apex. A triumvirat of excellence. "Dark Side Of The Moon" is the definition of masterpiece. One of the absolute must haves! BTW, I own the 30th anniv edition and its the ONE to own.
NJprogfan | 5/5 |