Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars Ok, I just don't get it. Pink Floyd released two true masterpieces in Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Animals is almost as good, and would probably be a third masterpiece if Pigs (Three Different Ones) had been as good as Dogs and Sheep. So why is everybody so high on Wish You Were Here?

Sure, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is very, very good. And yes, Wish You Were Here is probably the best thing that Floyd has ever done that didn't make onto TDSOTM or The Wall. But what about Have A Cigar? It's ok, but I'd hardly call it a classic Floyd track. The same goes for Welcome to the Machine.

I'm giving this three stars. I want to be clear that Animals (which I would give four stars) is definitely superior to this disc.

ghost_of_morphy | 3/5 |