Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

5 stars "We're getting a bit short of heroes lately" (From Cold Wind to Valhalla)

Yes, in the middle seventies we were getting a bit short of heroes. The great bands were disappearing or changing their style and, in my opinion, Minstrel in the Gallery was the last great album of Jethro Tull, one of my favorites in the prog scene.

There is a great change after the deceptive War Child. We can find different styles and great orchestral arrangements, but the music is mainly acoustic. The title track and "Baker Street Muse" are considered the hottest numbers of the album but I find that all the songs are really good. In my opinion, the best track is the epic "Baker Street Muse" followed by "Cold Wind to Valhalla" and "Requiem".

I agree with previous reviewers in the fact that the music is less complex than in previous albums, but the lyrics are good as usual. I have no doubt in considering this album as the last masterpiece of the band.

Gabriel.V | 5/5 |