Pink Floyd - A Collection Of Great Dance Songs CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Atkingani
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Someone gifted me this CD thinking that I would probably reach the clouds with such a supercalifragilistic release. These are the misfortunes of revealing to neophyte circles of close and related people that you like prog-rock; one connoisseur will always spot with a superior grimace: "I have all Pink Floyd albums and I can copy some for you!" - it means that this particular person probably has only DSOTM, WYWH and "The Wall" and believe he/she knows everything about PF or prog-rock, dooohhhh. In the past, I stayed silent but nowadays I go further and accept the offer replying: "Ok, could you find me a copy of "A Man & The Journey", I'm very interested in getting it?". The normal answering is some unintelligible blabbing that ends in Frank Sinatra or Bee Gees.

But returning to the subject, I didn't get the title here since I don't think any of the album tracks are danceable or is there some irony or enigma not grabbed with my little comprehension of the English language trifles? Also I'll pretend that I didn't get the reason behind this release: in fact, a shameless coin-picker. Anyway, if you're not into the prog-rock mood and want to know a bit about the genre and its most popular band, it could be more or less tangible to purchase this one - are there any non-prog-rockers visiting the Archives and eventually reading this review? If 'yes', you may go and get it, although I advice previously that you'll find a basket of much better options to feel the genre, with FLOYD or another band but if 'not' (I presume the most common case): stay away!

Songs are those well known for a die-hard FLOYD fan and also for the average prog-fan even not being a great appreciator of their work. The arrangement proposed to "Another brick. part II" will be certainly the only one where you may feel a slight desire to shake the skeleton. My recommendation: keep cool, the desire will soon pass by.

That said, I have to unfortunately inform that, after 120 reviews, this will be my very first to receive the dubious 1-star award - a compilation only for completionists (sic).

Atkingani | 1/5 |