Tool - Lateralus CD (album) cover

LATERALUS

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

Dim
5 stars As I will say about every Tool album, Tool is an acquired taste band!

I am not going to bother going through every song, because I will run out of positive words to use, and they're all 4.5+ rated songs anyway. All the musicians are at they're musical peak, almost completely flawless. The Grudge is my favirote opener song of any prog metal album, and my band is covering parabola it's so good, and Ticks and leeches contains drum work that will make portney turn red with envy =).

The tiny thing that I would have to complain about would be Maynards vocals on the chorus' of The patient and Lateralus. Besides thase two moment's ( which are easily replaced by Maynard's minuete long yell, on the grudge), this album is the epidomy of progressive metal.

Dim | 5/5 |