The Who - Who's Next CD (album) cover

The Who

3 stars I really can't see this as a prog album at all.Where's the prog?? To my mind you are talking Baba O'Riley with its clever use of electronics but otherwise its just a 'mere' classic ''rock'' album (maybe even the best Who album) that hardly strays from the straight and narrow. Albums such as Quadrophenia and Tommy are the reason why they are in the archives I would imagine and The Who are undoubtedly one of the best British rock acts of all time. I had the pleasure of seeing them live at Ashton Gate last year and they still great to see BUT this album is solid rock and should not be in my view considered important within the progressive rock genre. I know Pete Townsend was doing interesting things with the Lighthouse project but Baba O'Riley is the only bit of that that found its way onto here to my knowledge.
richardh | 3/5 |