Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway CD (album) cover

Prog Leviathan
2 stars An overly-long, over-rated, unexciting, directionless mess of everything that is bad about Genesis; I cannot express how much "Lamb Lies Down" was a dissapointment for me. I admit that the opener has some dynamic energy, but the album as a whole lacks any memorable moments, and spends most of its time fiddling around with theatric psychedelics and a mediocre "story" which fail to impress. There are lots of empty spaces, and the spaces which are filled don't seem to accomplish much other than indulge the group's pretention. This is harder to get through than a 10-minute ELP organ solo. For those who are not currently listeners of Genesis, I highly recommend NOT to start here, regardless of how high this pretentious disaster of concept album rates.

Songwriting: 2 Instrumental Performances: 2 Lyrics/Vocals: 2 Style/Emotion/Replay: 2

Prog Leviathan | 2/5 |