Deep Purple - In Concert With The London Symphony Orchestra  CD (album) cover

IN CONCERT WITH THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

Marcos
4 stars I already wrote about the CD version. If you want to watch a DVD of a band with an orchestra, this is the best one. The first songs don't have the classic DP's style, but they are a great introduction to a concert with a orchestra: many special guests and songs for an elegant evening.

The Concerto is a masterpiece of rock, not dude. The orchestra has its place: it isn't hidden behind the band. It's the same for the band. An amazing work. Besides we can enjoy the sound which is better than the sound in the 1969 version.

The following songs are stronger and the orchestra arrangement also is awesome. For me, the best tracks are 'Wring That Neck', 'Sometimes I feel like screaming' and the entire concerto.

DP's musicians had a great performance (that's common...). Buy this DVD. The CD version is a masterpiece. This DVD is an excellent addition to any prog music collection. 4 stars

Marcos | 4/5 |