Pink Floyd - The Best Of The Pink Floyd CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

2 stars The Best of The Pink Floyd was I believe the first "greatest hits" compilation for the band, predating the Relics compilation. It was produced in the Netherlands, but I'm uncertain as to how far it was distributed. Probably in western Europe, possibly the U.K.? I picked it up in the 1980s in a used record shop and for me it was an enjoyment because it contained many of the B-sides off their 1960s singles, music that wasn't available on Relics or that awful Works album from 1983.

However, now that it's the 21st century and all the material on this album is readily available elsewhere, this first compilation is really just a collectible that will likely never see the light of day as a CD re-release. Because of this and the fact that their studio albums of the time had much better material, I can only give this two stars. For collectors only.

progaardvark | 2/5 |