The Wilde Flowers - Tales Of Canterbury: The Wilde Flowers Story CD (album) cover

TALES OF CANTERBURY: THE WILDE FLOWERS STORY

The Wilde Flowers

Canterbury Scene

obiter
2 stars It's a who's who of the canterbury scene but this ain't prog. You would not be suprised if Van the Man was singing. there's even bluesy twangs:

Booker White's Parchman Farm:... i'm going to be here for the rest of my life, but all i did was shoot my wife ... Chuch Berry .. Almost Grown

Some of the recording is truly dreadful: the pieman cometh sticks out as a particularly awful recording: think worst bootleg recording made on a mobile you've heard and you're coming close.

I'm a fan of the Canterbury scene so it's interesting to listen to so many of the main players in one group at an early stage. If I wasn't a fan then this would hold no interest for me, so it fits perfectly into the 2 star category.

obiter | 2/5 |