Rush - Rush in Rio CD (album) cover

4 stars I read the booklet before I'd had the chance to sit and watch this. Indeed, I'd just installed a 5.1 sound system for the TV and this was its first real use! Best word to describe this? Mindblowing. They'd not played Brazil before, and freely admit they didn't realise their popularity there. The lack of a soundcheck kind of adds to the atmosphere - you're never going to get perfect sound at a gig anyway. It's not a studio!

This isn't a show for anyone wanting the 70s classics, but there are plenty other ones in there, and opening with 'Tom Sawyer' (the crowd goes utterly mad) sets the scene.

oldgoat | 4/5 |